A 2-part surface-tolerant epoxy composite engineered specifically for in-situ application to wet, oil contaminated and underwater surfaces. This multipurpose solvent-free material exhibits rapid cure and excellent adhesion to manually prepared substrates, where grit blasting cannot be achieved.
Belzona 1212 is easy to mix and apply without the need for specialist tools and is ideal for repair kits and emergency situations, ensuring fast back in service time.
- Multipurpose durable surface-tolerant repair composite
- Exhibits excellent adhesion to manually prepared damp, oil contaminated and underwater substrates
- Rapid cure even at low temperatures allows for emergency in-situ repairs without the need for hot work
- Excellent mechanical properties ensuring durability and longevity in service
- Simple 1:1 volume mix ratio makes it easy to mix and apply with no need for specialist tools
- Ideal for repair kits and emergency repair due to its versatility in use
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Outstanding corrosion and chemical resistance
- Can be machined using conventional tools
Applications for Belzona 1212 include:
- Plate bonding, corrosion pit filling and localised repair of wet, sweating or oil contaminated pipes where grit blasting cannot be achieved
- In-situ sealing of oil and fluid leaks on storage tanks, engines, gearboxes, transformers and sumps
- Long-term repair of offshore structures and marine equipment, including ship hulls, rudders, propellers and ballast tanks without taking the ship out of service
- Underwater repairs, ideal for use in splash zones and coastal structures